Run MSP Backup & Recovery Using Your Own Data Center
We recommend that you take advantage of SolarWinds® MSP Backup & Recovery’s off-site cloud infrastructure. However, in some cases, you may want to store MSP Backup & Recovery data within your existing infrastructure. If this is the case, you can purchase the software-only version, allowing you to manage how, when, and where your data is stored and allowing you to execute your own seed loadings for both backup and recovery. The software-only version of MSP Backup & Recovery lets you use your own data center for the cloud-based storage component while still providing exceptionally fast restores via the Local Speed Vault, a redundant local copy that protects your data parallel to your cloud storage.
- True Delta: Have faster backup windows with compression and deep deduplication.
- Continuous recovery: Recover your systems at any time with a standby virtual server that stays continuously up to date.
- Virtual disaster recovery: Should the need arise, you can restore directly to a virtual machine.
- Bare metal recovery: Quickly and easily restore to fresh hardware.
- Professional services automation (PSA) integration: Connect MSP Backup & Recovery with your PSA software.
- Brandable: MSP Backup & Recovery can be easily white labelled for free.
- Remote discovery deployment
- Real-time failed backup alerts
- WAN optimization
- Protect workstations, physical, and virtual servers
Software-Only Technical Requirements
- Storage Node OS support: FreeBSD 8 x64, Linux (Ubuntu 9, Debian 5, RHEL 5 or higher), Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012.
- Processor: Minimum – 1GHz (x86 processor) or 1.4 GHz (x64 processor) Recommended: 2 GHz or faster.
- Available disk space: Recommended – 40 GB or greater for OS alone.
- Memory: 4 GB of RAM for the OS, 1 GB of RAM per TB storage.
- Required storage space: At Least 1 TB of storage space available to begin (5 TB or more is preferred for scalability).